Date Posted: 11.04.19
Type: Full-time on-site
Puny Astronaut is looking for a talented 3D games animator to join our team in sunny Dundee!
This is an exciting opportunity for an animator looking for a dynamic role with lots of variety. You will have the chance to make a significant impact on our debut title, Skye, and all other projects you work on.
You will be working with a creative and driven team in a highly encouraging and supportive environment.
You will be working with the Project Director and art team to further establish an existing animation style and approach by gathering and creating references, producing tests, and responding to feedback.
This process will inform your approach to developing game-ready 3D animations for an array of creations, to then implement in engine.
You will also be working with the Technical Artist and programming team to ensure animations are well optimised to meet technical requirements.
• Strong animation skills in Maya, both stylised and realistic
• Can demonstrate ability to animate with an array of rigs (i.e. biped vs. quadruped)
• At least a foundational knowledge of rigging and skinning, with the ability to alter existing rigs and to create new variations or similar rigs
• A critical eye for animation in games and other media
• Ability to self-critique, iterate, and make decisions on how to improve your work
• Great communication skills, can respond well to direction, and can contribute to team discussions
• Good time management and ability to self-direct workflow when necessary
Icing on Top
• Comfortable with Unreal Engine 4, animation blueprints, and the implementation pipeline
• Experience with Sequencer in Unreal Engine 4
• Experience with source control software such as Github/Gitkraken
• 2D animation experience using software such as Photoshop
• A demonstrable understanding of the principles of cinematography (i.e. experience with cutscenes)
How to Apply
Please send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
• A portfolio of relevant, curated work in the form of a showreel, a personal website, or an online album.
• A C.V.
• A short cover letter introducing yourself
We can’t wait to hear from you!